Monday, March 23, 2009

26 weeks

I know I am little late on this, but since after my Dr's appointment on Friday, we have been busy and enjoying the spring weather. We were outside a lot and did not want to be in the house while it was sunny and in the 60's outside.

My Dr's appointment went well. I have gained 5lbs since last month I saw him. Jeremy thought it was amusing seeing the number that read on the scale. Every appointment now, the Dr. will measure the belly. It measured 32 weeks and he then told me that I could end up 50+. It is amazing what our bodies can do! In 2 weeks I have my glucose test and I am so happy that I was scheduled my ultrasound and OB appointment that same day. When you take the first glucose test, you have to wait for an hour before they take a blood sample. Luckily I get to have my other appointments instead of sitting there bored. Also lets hope I pass so I dont have to go back and take the 3 hour test.

The babies are inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. They are continuing putting on baby fat as well. Other than the babies developing well, I am feeling great. Also, I had a few friends ask about the u/s and us already labeling who's who, we were told that they will know who is baby A and who is baby B when it came to delivery. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So exciting! Glad for the good update. :)