Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Weekend trip to Chicago

This past weekend my mom and I took all 3 kids to Chicago to visit family. We had TONS of fun and able to see family we have not seen in a long time. This was our second time with the babies in the car. I was unsure how things were going to go since the first time they were only 4 months old and slept the whole time. They are older now and awake for longer periods of time. They actually did great and kept themselves entertained. Here is how are weekend went.

Friday afternoon we drove up north to Chicago after picking Jordan up after school. We headed over to my aunt and uncles for some pizza. My grandparents also came so we can see them too. I love visiting with family since we are not able to see them as often as we wish we would. I am glad they are only 3 hours away and we do find time to visit. That night we checked into our hotel suite and it was super nice. The boys adjusted well and slept all night in the cribs provided from the hotel.

Jordan and Jalen are best buds


Saturday was a super busy, but fun day. That morning before we met with family, my mom and I had to make a stop at IKEA. We went there to pick up some storage bins, but we ended up leaving with a bunch of stuff. My mom and Jordan had fun throwing in stuff for the boys. I had to keep reminding her that her car will not fit anymore stuff since we had to bring back 6 pizzas from Ginos. :-) After IKEA, we headed over to a restaurant to meet my dads side of the family. This was their first time meeting Landon and Jalen. After we ate, we went back to the hotel for my massage. Their was a salon at the hotel and for part of my bday present, my mom bought me a massage. It felt great!

Landon and Jalen with grandpa for the first time.



After my lovely massage, we headed over to my aunts ice skating rink. Here we skated with lots of cousins. I miss them all and hardly get to see them. I put on skates for the first time in over 10 years! I did not fall once! Jordan was a different story. :-) This was his first time, but did very well! He was gliding on the ice within minutes. Jalen even got on the ice with me. I did not skate with him though.





After skating, we headed over to my cousins and we all hung out. It was so much fun catching up with everyone. All the kids had a blast!
My cousin Anna, she was our flower girl in our wedding. She is getting so big!




The "love birds" Aunt and Uncle celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary


Sunday the boys were exhausted! They slept pretty much the whole way home. We made a stop at Ginos East pizza to pick up 6 par-baked pizzas to bring home. YUM! The manager was super nice and openend early for us to pick up our order since we had to be home by 3 for the colts game. :-) Go Colts!

All in all, it was a great weekend and I wish it was longer. I enjoyed spending time with family and I can't wait to see them all again.

No comments: