Friday, January 28, 2011

The adventures of potty training

I think we have officially started the potty training fun! Jalen has been showing cues for several months now and would go in his potty a few times a day. He recently started to go more on the potty than what it was months ago. Landon had his first pee on his potty last night. He went up to the bathroom door and told us "pee pee." He was so excited! When he got done, he ran to Jalen and shouted "POTTY!" I think Jalen saw this as a cue, so he went to sit on his potty and went pee. I thought I would have to do this one at a time, but they have always enjoyed doing stuff together. Landon woke up dry this morning and peed again on his chair.

I am so nervous and excited at the same time. I know this will be a long process. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Anderburf said...

Patience is key in potty training. They really just won't do it until they are ready. We just kept trying until our boys were ready and then it was much easier once they thought it was their idea! If you need any potty training items check out Juvenile Solutions http://www.juvenilesolutions.com. It was a helpful site for me when we started the process.

Sarah said...

Thanks! They are doing really well. Average about 4 times a day. It is hard with mine and my husbands work schedule to keep it all consistent. I will check out that site!